Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just so you know...

I have gotten mixed reviews about this site, mostly encouraging, but some not quite so encouraging. I welcome both types. The positive ones keep me motivated to stick with this. The negative ones help me to think about how what I'm writing comes across to others and what things I should include in future posts. I can honestly say that, in keeping with the kind of person who would read this blog, even the negative folks have been polite and kind in their critiques. That being said, I want to clarify a few things. First, I spent a lot of time lurking on the forums my hubby belongs to, for the sole purpose of trying to find family members who might be feeling what I was. I did not find very much at all. Hear me out...these forums are awesome, but they are primarily for the donors and recipients. When I surfed the web, I found lots of YouTube videos, commentaries, articles, etc., but they were again geared toward donors and recipients. Some of the videos were wonderful and touching, hence my reference to warm fuzzies. As family members of donors or recipients, we have our own brand of warm fuzzies as well as our own fears and frustrations. My goal here is not to talk about donors and recipients, there are plenty of sites for that, but to talk about families and their experiences throughout the process. I not only welcome, but encourage comments from families as well as donors and recipients. It doesn't matter if you disagree or agree, both views are important and need to be heard. Please post anything you want to post, I welcome you all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I plan to give my kidney within the next year to a loved one that will need it. I have a daughter who is 14 years old and has been sick for 6 years and on dialysis for 16 months. Several people have been tested to donate a kidney for her and all have been rejected. She is blood type B and I am A. She has my heart, I would gladly give a kidney if I could, but I can't. I have always been in good physical condition and this has made me strive for excellent physical condition. I am confident that there is an earth angel that will eventually be accepted as a kidney donor for my daughter.
www.cotaforjaclynp.com

firemom31 said...

I sincerely hope you find your angel. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.