Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why do I feel guilty?

We are being inundated with medical bills from the transplant. I keep shoving them in a corner to deal with later (maybe) because I can't afford to pay them. Months ago I sent out letters to all of them, letters explaining how to go about getting paid. It seems not one actually read them, because the threat letters are arriving daily. Hubby says I should put them all in a mailer and send them to Fred. I suppose I should, after all, he is alive because of us, a few bills isn't too much to ask, right? Then why do I feel guilty every time I think about asking him to take care of them? It almost seems as if it takes away from the selflessness of the donation, but part of me thinks this is an irrational thought. I am so overwhelmed by it all still, almost a year later.

No comments: