Sunday, August 16, 2009

The anniversary is approaching

August 19th is the one year anniversary of the transplant. Fred is off traveling the world, and here we sit in our dreary little home town, living our dreary little lives. A year ago today we were on our way to the airport, heading off to Florida for the big day. I find myself sitting here wishing that I was once again on that plane heading south. The only difference is that I would want it to be a one way ticket. I think that the excitement of the whole event, followed by a return to banality, sends a constant siren song...it calls me to come to where I feel alive, it calls me to come to where I have friends, but most of all, it calls me to a place where boring isn't an option. I wonder if this is real, or just some part of my psyche that wants relief from "ordinary-ness" at any cost?

No comments: